Saturday, December 22, 2007

New Start for 2008

Well I have decided to start a no guilt big project on January 1st 2008. I've been debating whether to start anything big for a few weeks now. I had given up on the idea until earlier today when I remembered something I bought a while back on ebay.

What I have is a vintage Lanarte Flower Fairies chart for the Gorse Fairies. There is no date on the chart but the person I bought it from said she thinks she stitched it in the 1970s or 1980s. There's no color photo eitherand I wasn't sure it had the floss numbers but it does. Thanks to the 10 cent floss at Walmart I bought earlier this year I had new skeins of all but 5 colors. I also have a big piece of Silkweaver fabric that looks like it might be perfect for this design. I ran out and got the 5 skeins of floss from AC Moore tonight before their big sale starts in the morning and it gets crazy. I'm seriously thinking about going on the wagon this year and finding all this in my stash for my first start of the new year seems like a good omen for that goal.

I love this chart because it's different from all the other Flower Fairies that have become popular over the past few years. It has two fairies, a boy and a girl kissing instead of one girl fairy like most of the other designs. I don't know how hard this one is going to be to stitch but I hope it isn't too bad. I'd really love to finish some BAPs this year instead of adding to the UFO guilt pile.